A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

and in Local News......

I was just saying to someone the other day that I sometimes miss bartending in Tucker. I like the small town atmosphere, where everybody knows each other, and the gossip spreads like wild fire. It can be very entertaining. I got a text early today from a friend telling me that someone had been shot at The Other Bar. I used to work there, and have spoken of the place a fews times here in my blog. My favorite post is THIS ONE. The text said that nobody knew he was shot, he went outside to puke, and then he was dead.

Later, on the evening news, I saw a couple no-gooders I know from the place talking about it, and also the owner. A friend was rushing him to the hospital thinking he had alcohol poisoning because he was puking up blood. A cop pulls him over and sees a bloody, slumped body in the back seat, the guy was pronounced dead at the hospital. One news channel said he was shot in the chest, another said in the stomach. Either way, seems to me (I’m no doctor but…), that if someone had a bullet wound in either place, it would be noticeable. Blood on his shirt maybe? A hole in his shirt? Would he really be sitting there guzzling brews and taking shots of tequila while everyone around, including himself, doesn’t happen to notice one teensy little detail like, um, say, he got shot!?!?????

I know all the employees, and am familiar with the regular crowd. They are not quite angelic (to say the least). It reeks of them covering either one, or all, of their arses. I really wouldn’t put it past them. That’s my take anyway.

I did enjoy seeing my old bar, and people I know on the boob-tube. That was high up on the entertainment-value scale for me. Here’s the link to the Fox 5 News video that shows both the bar I loved dearly, some crazy mofos I know, and actually a couple cops I know (including the precinct’s Sarge, who I dated for a minute). The station that aired my old boss talking had a way better report on it, but they didn’t post it in their video section- shame on them.

Needless to say, this is one of the moments where I am relieved to not be bartending in Tucker anymore.


The video link from Fox 5 is crappy. Here's a better link from Channel 46 News, and this has my old boss on it. It's a re-cap.

update:

Got the real story now (from both a cop friend and the owner). Very different than what the news said, and what the owner said on the news etc. but that was all for the sake of the investigation. Long story short, dude got shot in the parking lot during a drug deal. He got shot in the back of the head, so blood was coming out of his mouth in large ammounts- hence the “he was puking blood.” He was a hairy dude, so the gunshot was not immediately apparent. Both the guy who got shot, and the shooter, were not regulars in the place. (I can now replace ¼ of the humanity that I subtracted from that crew after hearing the real story.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home