A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Great V.D. Day

I am stone cold sober right now, and completely high on life. I can feel my veins pumping, and I’m so awake at 2am that it’s insane (my normal bedtime is eleven-ish). Adrenaline? Epinephrine? Serotonin? Whatever, I’m stoked! I’ve been thoroughly amused, and creatively inspired tonight.

I wanted to see my friend’s band play, because it had been a long time. It was also one of their last shows. It was a late show for me, but I went anyway. I intended to only stay thirty minutes, and bolt. Turns out there was a burlesque show, with pin-up type chicks dancing partially nude. This struck my interest immediately, and I was spellbound. These chicks were not your typical “hot chick” types. They were naturally curvy, and one was a little on the heavy side, but you could cut the sensuality and sexual tension with a knife! It was so hot and ballsy and creative! I really commended them for their performance.

As my friend’s band starts playing, I notice, and hear that there is going to be some suspension going on. I watch as big metal hooks are pierced into three people’s chests. I HAD to stay for that. I called the babysitter (g-ma), asked for an extension, and explained why. (“Somebody is going to hang from the ceiling by hooks in his chest!!! I HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!”) Not an everyday occurrence. Also, girl and a guy are attached to each other, and create the tension themselves. They pulled backwards and balanced their bodies between the rope that was hooked onto them. The hanging guy ended up bleeding profusely, and couldn’t finish his act. It was a disappointment, but the couple came back on for an encore. It was pretty neat.

My friend’s band played a great set, I enjoyed seeing him in action. They rock. It was good to say hi again. I also met a new friend who seems cool. Just a great night overall.
I don’t get out much anyways, so my enthusiasm is probably heightened, but tonight was one for the books!


Also, I got showered with Valentine's day goodies "from" my baby boy this morning. It was such a good day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home