A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jen warns me...

not to go too far with my newfound domesticity.


(A little insight on our conversation: I am expressing to her how I am becoming a little bit Suzie Homemaker and loving it- learning new recipes to cook, taking care of people etc..... and she warns not to go too far, that the moment I find myself with eyes full of tears watching Oprah- it's gone TOO FAR!!!!!!)

Here's my sign:

My piercing guy in N.Ireland was piercing me the first time (about 5 years ago); and we talked about N.America, and how he had only been to Canada, and we chatted about the place for a bit. He then added "I don't know what we ever did to them to deserve Celine Dion." Of course I cracked up, and any time I see/hear of her, I can't help but think about it. So, the other day, my son wakes up from his afternoon nap. My mom is in the living room watching Oprah. I'm changing his diaper and having floor time with him, and only semi-paying attention to the tv. It's a Celine Dion special. *GROAN* I say to him in my playful baby voice "What did we ever do to Canada to deserve Celine…"

It gets to this part where some girl in the audience lost her dad recently and "their song" is "Because You Loved Me" by her, and they used to slow dance to it etc… Celine sings it for her. Then (and Celine doesn't know this but) some video footage of one of her performances was given to Oprah by her husband. It's about the night her dad died. Celine went ahead and performed that night (saying she knew that was what her dad would've wanted her to do), but she was extremely fragile. It shows her singing and sobbing at the same time. She sings a line and then goes "uh-huh-huh-huh"- catching her breath- you know when you cry really hard and have hiccupy breaths……

I don't care who you are- if you have a ¼ of a heart in you, you would at least well up at the sight. Hands down you have to be a sociopath not to be touched by that. So yes, the Oprah show made me cry once, ONCE.

Upon wiping the quiet tears streaming from my eyes, I looked down and said to my boy "That BAD Celine Dion, going around and making people cry like that!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home