A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Here's to Big Cahones

Today I spent some time with my friend Natalie. She showed me a few polaroids from the party that ensued Friday night into Saturday. They were pictures of our friend Daisy fabulously clad in a white evening gown and also a little leather outfit. It still amazes me how hot she is for a guy, and the best part about being out with her is seeing the looks on people’s faces when they first see/meet her. It takes the cake for me every time. I complain about how I’m sick of the bar-rat lifestyle, but when I meet such fascinating people, like Daisy, it brings a redeeming factor to it all.

When I first met Daisy I was bartending, and I could hardly keep my composure when she sat down with a friend of hers and ordered a Sex on the Beach. The bar itself, is this elongated shack in a semi-industrial area, with a gravel parking lot that is full of pot-holes. It was once known as The Sea Shanty, then The Outhouse (appropriately), and now The Other Bar. The majority of the patrons are bikers and rednecks or some mixed-breed (sometimes crackhead) tuckerite. From what I recall, there were quite a few Harleys parked out front this particular evening, and David Allen Coe was blasting from the juke box. In walks this 6ft tall gorgeous transvestite in stilettos and a skin-tight black mini-dress that revealed her stomach. She seemed a little shy, like maybe she wasn’t sure of how I was going to treat her.

The first wave of my desire for uproarious laughter hit me as I was asking her what she wanted to drink and wondering how long it would take for all the men around me to realize she’s really a guy. As Daisy replied “a Sex on the Beach”, I hear one of the bikers behind me shout out in a gravelly southern accent “That’s a DUDE!” I had to do some deep breathing exercises as I headed towards the ice basin to prepare the drinks. While I was there my co-worker, Julie, comes up to me to ask me a question. “Lisa, Do you know if….(breath gasp) IS THAT A” I cut her off saying “Don’t you start…I’m trying to keep my composure.” Myself, and others got to know her within that evening, and it turned out to be a good night.

I’ve found Daisy to be a fun person to be around. She’s creative and theatrical and ballsy. As someone said to me one time “She’s got to have big cahones to walk into a bar like that.” I totally agree. She’s got a show coming up on the 31st. She’s going to be Daisy Duke and Wonder Woman. It should be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spacemonkeyjenn said...

omg!!! Lisa, I met Daisy at the waffle house months ago, and I had her come up to the Moose for karaoke a couple of times. I didn't know that was the same Daisy you were talking about.

3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home