A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Lesson One, Perspective





I'm taking my mom's mural workshop this week. Today's lesson consisted of perspective and composition. I was VERY intimidated and scared, and not so sure about this thing called 'Perspective.' As it turns out it's not as hard as it seems, though I did have a minor malfunction and almost headed up a mutiny. "Ahhh! This isn't working!!" There was a sudden uprising of voices, but the Captain quelled it; and I realized after I used every last bit of eraser on the pencil, that I was trying to get four evenly converging lines from five points instead of six. Ah-ha! We learned that there is "no such thing as I can't" (at least in the classroom). I believe it now too. I drew buildings today that look just like the pic above. Perfectly in Perspective. Tomorrow we'll start painting. I Love it!! Hell yeah, this rocks!




A little perspective goes a long way. Once again, art imitates life. Perspective? I'm sure I could use that lesson in other areas of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home