A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Oh Lordy

I’m feeling a little out of place with myself. I feel like maybe I’ve lost some time, as if in January someone lifted me up by the back of my shirt and transplanted me here in August. Putting things in perspective though, I’ve actually gained time. I just completed all the requirements for my first degree, an A.A. in History. Phew.

I’m not going to get a real job until I move to my new school in January, so it’s still the bartender/bar-rat lifestyle for a little longer. For now, it’s no more ‘what is due tomorrow?’ and ‘I really should be studying’ for me. I am looking forward to sleeping in and not having sleep-dep from keeping up with two full-time responsibilities. And the staying up late (like I am now) because I feel like it, and not because there aren’t enough hours in a day.

I’ve started at a new bar this week. I worked my first night last night, and so far, the locals seem pretty tame. There seems to be a more ‘buisnessman-collegekid-lusher’ atmosphere than the ‘redneck-biker-pusherman-icehead’ atmosphere. Hopefully I’m right.

I just finished watching “Rory O’Shea Was Here”, Dir. By Damion O’Donnell. It’s a pretty good flick. It runs you through the gamut of emotions. I like the story, it is funny and heartwarming . I also just caught a good Washington Times headline about a man paying his fine in pennies. They say that the judge “upstaged” him, but I think using the CoinStar machine doesn’t qualify as judicial revenge, I think the guy had the upper hand here. You Show ‘Em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home