A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

What I found on this website says a lot about our world. Reality checks suck sometimes. I am kinda pissed off and disturbed.

I found myself quite awake and bored tonight after work, and decided to check out YouTube to see if there were any funny videos to watch. Knowing that the videos with just one person being goofy probably wasn’t going to make me smile, I went to the pets and animals section. What I found has brought me into a very dark mood.

What started it all was a video about a ‘mad cat.’ It is a cat in a kennel, and as soon as the person with the video comes near, (i.e. human), it starts wailing and hissing severely. All I could think was, ‘What happened to this cat, to where he is so terrified of humans that he would react that way!?!!!?’ And the fact that the person behind the camera thought it was funny made me even sicker. The sheer wail coming from that cat is so powerful. I had to hold back my tears. ( I would give the link, but it was SO DISTURBING to me, that I don’t wish anyone else that same feeling I got from watching it) So then I keep looking at the other links, thinking that it was just one bad apple in the bunch..... but no. A parrot who was taught to ask if you were a lesbian, a donkey trying to have sex with a camel, a kitten looking for milk on a male dog. The majority of the videos on that site, human, animal, whatever... are pure filth. It says a lot about us and what we consider “entertainment.”

p.s what does "we're out of beta mean?"

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

p.p.s. it brings new meaning to the "you make kitty scared" photo I shared. I have a sense of humor but it only goes so far...

4:56 AM

 
Blogger Antonio from Italy said...

I already know that video you talk about, the one with the scared cat in the cage! It's terrible :-(
If you really want to have a good laugh with a pet video, search YouTube for the "Gizmo flushes", it's absolutely great!!!
I don't have the link right now, because I'm at work and YouTube is not available on our server, but I have this one of Nora the cat playing the piano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM
Enjoy!

4:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home