A Bible Belt beauty shares her shallowest and not so thoughts.

Monday, October 31, 2005

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I Love this holiday. Candy, dressing up, and scaring little kids- it doesn’t get much better than that! I was having a discussion this morning about how we used to have to get the candy checked out by the parents; and my friend told me that in his town, in Pennsylvania, when all that poisoned candy thing was going on, that they stopped trick or treating all together and they got their candy from the Fire Department. He said it was cheap candy too. So that brought on the subject of the yucky candy. It is an American tradition, in which a handfull of geniouses have to instill, to give out the yucky candy. Every Halloween it inevitably happens to every kid, that he or she pours out the candy on the living room floor, and looks down (person about to get stabbed in a horror movie music) to see the candy with the black and orange wrapper. The disgusting, much hated, black and orange candy. Somebody’s gotta do it though, and in the spirit of terror and horror, I decided I’ll go out and buy some to give out. It occurred to me during this conversation too, that one year I passed out little wrapped tampons with the candy. The idea of “Mommy, what’s this?”, brought me sheer delight. It’s awful! I can’t believe I actually did that. Anyways, Happy Halloween people!

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

hope they didnt suck on those tampons.

eek :p

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home